Finale: Mary Had A Little Lamb
This is the first exercise for entering music in Finale using Simple Note Entry. The next exercise uses a few opening measures of a prelude in F minor by J.S. Bach.
Finale Exercise: Mary Had A Little Lamb
On the lab computers, Finale can be started easiest from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen by clicking once on the icon which looks like a forte dynamic within a circle.
Earlier versions of Finale had a separate tool icon for Select (icon is a mouse pointer) and Mass Edit (icon is a dashed box or a train in earliest versions). Newer versions merge these tools into a single icon (a mouse pointer inside of a dashed box) which is called the "Select Tool".
Older versions of Finale display a common-time meter signature by default. To change this to a 4/4 meter signature, do:
- Click on the Time Signature Tool (4/4 icon).
- Double-click in the middle of the measure which has the time signature (not on the time signature itself for some reason).
- Click "Options>>" button in window which appears.
- Uncheck the "Abbreviate" option.
- Close the Time Signature option window.