From CCARH Wiki
Also check out the Sibelius Keyboard Shortcuts page.
1 Laptop Command Mappings
- Sibelius likes to use the numeric keypad for many computer keyboard commands. However, laptops don't have a numeric keypad, or it is very cumbersome to activate it to overlay the regular keyboard. To use laptop-friendly commands in Sibelius, go to the menu option File→Preferences→Menus and Shortcuts and then select "Notebook (laptop) shortcuts" in the top selection box in the preference window.
- Move a page around by click-dragging in a white region on a page.
- Move a staff to a different position by click dragging on staff lines.
- Change the width of a measure by click-dragging on the ending barline of a measure.
- Highlight a note and then press to turn it into a rest.
- Highlight a rest and then press to hide it.
- To delete a measure: press / and click on a measure. A double box will surround it. Press to get rid of that measure. To delete more measures, + on a second measure, and then press . If you delete the first measure of a score, the title and composer information will also disappear.
- To create a key signature type , choose the key you want, and then click in the measure that you want to start that key signature.
- Right click on a blank area of the page to bring up a list of things which can be created.
- Number every measure on screen (toggle): View→Staff Names and Bar Numbers.
- To copy a range of measures and paste in another range of meausres:
- on the first measure to copy. A single blue box should surround the measure.
- + on the last measure. The single blue box should now surround a range of measures.
- Press + on Windows, or + on mac to paste the music starting in the measure which you click.